The Shorty Awards honor the best of social media; recognizing the people and organizations producing real-time short content across Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and the rest of the social web. The awards are initially voted for by a public vote using Twitter, with the six highest ranked nominees going through to become the finalists in their category. Those final six are then put before a panel of expert judges, and the final winner is then chosen.
Last year we were deeply honoured to have been nominated in the 4th Annual Shorty Award for Best Fansite, but to then come top of the category from over 3000 nominees and be voted the winner was such an amazing experience. You can read all about it here.
It’s now time for the 5th Annual Shorty Awards and we are calling upon the people who really matter, you; the Sherlock fans. We would dearly like to further the name of ‘BBC Sherlock’ in this area, and prove the fans of this series are the most dedicated of fandoms out there, but we can’t do it without you. So please support Sherlockology by voting for us on the Shorty Sherlockology page here:
To find out more about us and why we do what we do, read more for ‘The Shorty Interview’ with Sherlockology
What are six things you could never do without?
Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Sue Vertue, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Coffee from Speedy’s Cafe.
What’s your favorite Twitter app?
We love Tweetdeck for iPhone - great way to keep up to date on the move
Twitter or Facebook?
We use both Twitter and Facebook and find each has its own benefits, FB has a great community feel while Twitter is perfect for real time.<
Who do you wish had a Twitter feed but doesn’t?
Do you really have to ask?! Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman of course ;o)
Is there someone you want to follow you who doesn’t already? If so, who?
We would be very honored for Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman to follow us, but sadly they are not on Twitter.
Why should we vote for you?
Running Sherlockology actually involves a lot of hard work from the team (only 4 of us), and any support given is greatly appreciated.
Terms you wish would start trending on Twitter right now?
#SherlockologyForShortyAward #VoteSherlockology ;o)
What’s the most interesting connection you’ve made through Twitter?
For us it’s been more a case of opening up opportunities to attend interesting events and meeting lot of great people.
Hashtag you created that you wish everyone used?
In December 2011 we created a Sherlock advert calendar and one of our followers came up with the hashtag #Sherlockalendar (Genius).
How do you make your tweets unique?
We are all about providing up-to-date and relevant information (with a bit of fun thrown in here and there).
What inspires you to tweet?
Our passion for the show mostly and the great response we’ve had from our followers. It’s nice to feel part of such a wonderful fandom.
140 characters of advice for a new user?
Twitter is a door to a world of amazing people - don’t be scare to walk into the room and start talking.
How long can you go without a tweet?
Our tweets are mostly governed by the goings on in the world of BBC Sherlock - and that’s usually a fair bit. So not long really!
Who do you admire most for his or her use of Twitter?
The Undershaw Preservation Trust (@spiritangel04) for their ongoing campaign to Save Undershaw (last home of Conan Doyle left).
Who is the funniest person on Twitter that you follow?
We love @DavidGArnold’s tweets. Highly entertaining and can be oh so very random. Always makes us smile :o)
What is one of the biggest misconceptions of Twitter?
It’s a bunch of kids and celebs saying what they had for lunch!
Why should people follow you?
If you love BBC Sherlock and want the latest (Spoiler Free of course) news on all things Sherlock then look no further.
How do you decide what to tweet?
We find Sherlock related news and try make it fit in to 140 characters or less!
Why’d you start tweeting?
We started using twitter as it’s one of the best tools around for realtime news and engagement.
Has Twitter changed your life? If yes, how?
Surely you mean taken over our life?! Twitter has allowed us to connect with thousands of other fans from all around the globe.
- deducingmachinedetective reblogged this from sherlocknyc
- theastrochemistorian reblogged this from dederants
- seduction-by-deduction reblogged this from sherlockology
- fotatoes reblogged this from sherlockology
- jaradel likes this
- star-glider likes this
- philomena-cunk reblogged this from sherlockology
- mind-cathedrool likes this
- a-personal-jab likes this
- sherrinford221b reblogged this from sherlockology
- superwhoavengebitpottmerlockian reblogged this from bakerstreetbabes
- earthtojane likes this
- sherlockspanda likes this
- blackmoods likes this
- assbutts-of-assgard reblogged this from bakerstreetbabes
- athreebatchproblem likes this
- whereyoustopthestory likes this
- bakerstreetbabes reblogged this from sherlockology and added:
- applegreenforestgreen reblogged this from mymassiveintellect
- onbeingsherlocked likes this
- thetardisbabe reblogged this from consulting-detective-with-a-box
- donewithallyourshitmoffat reblogged this from sherlockology
- mori-tarty likes this
- patdxmcr reblogged this from sherlockology
- patdxmcr likes this
- paparazzipixie likes this
- theangelandthesquirrel likes this
- logastella reblogged this from sherlockology
- better-than-regular likes this
- themightymoustacheofwatson reblogged this from sherlockology
- lookatthescarssmotheraheart likes this
- lindemannz reblogged this from sherlockology
- lindemannz likes this
- workingfortheratrace likes this
- madasahatter37 likes this
- somethingaboutnoodles likes this
- burdenedwithgloriousfeels likes this
- tardis-inthecapitol reblogged this from sherlockology
- bunnyjungsu reblogged this from sherlockology
- super-who-mer-lock-woop-de-doo likes this
- super-who-mer-lock-woop-de-doo reblogged this from sherlockology
- marveloussherlockian likes this
- denny65 likes this
- the-french-consulting-blogger likes this
- pipedreamersend likes this
- mxpublishing reblogged this from sherlockology
- pondled reblogged this from sherlockology